Adherence is the Key to Better Financial Outcomes1
Continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) is the gold standard of glycemic management,2 but low adherence rates have proven to limit its efficacy.
- Almost 25% of traditional CGM spend is wasted3
- ~27% of traditional CGM users discontinue use after 1 year4
- Only 63% of traditional CGM patients show real-world sensor wear time >70%.5-8
Optimal CGM adherence means to better outcomes
- 80% sensor use is associated with twice the HbA1c reduction.9
- >90% adherence reduces healthcare costs, compared to traditional CGM wear time.10
- €590 per patient per year less in emergency services
- €1,146 per patient per year less in outpatient services
Product Whys — Adherence
Eversense Reduces Patient Burden and Improves Adherence
- Long-term fully implantable sensor simplifies daily use by eliminating self-insertions
- Water-resistant* transmitter can be removed without disturbing the sensor
- Gentle hypoallergenic adhesive virtually eliminates skin irritation risk
Learn more on how Eversense long-term CGM is improving adherence and outcomes.
1 Bansal, M, et al. Appl Health Econ Health Policy (2018) 16: 675. 2 Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guideline. Published September 2016. 3 Yu, S., Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics, 20(6), 420-427. 4 T1D Exchange; Why Do Some People with T1D Stop Using a Pump and CGM? 2016. 5 De Bock M. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology. 2016;10(3):627-632. 6 McQueen RB. Endocr Pract 2014;20:1007–1015. 7 Picard S.Diabetes Technol Ther 2016; 18:127–135. 8 Charleer S. The J of Clin Endo & Metab, Volume 103, Issue 3, 1 March 2018,1224–1232. 9 Bergenstal RM. N Engl J Med 2010;363:311–320pmid:20587585. 10 Data on file. Senseonics 2019.
*Water resistant smart transmitter submerged up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.